Friday, January 25, 2013

Cancun is Calling

Look what arrived in the mail! 


 


Finally. My updated passport with my married name! Just in time, too. Tomorrow I will be three little weeks away from being whisked off to my family's cottage by the Caribbean sea. Here's a picture I took a couple of years ago on our terrace. Isn't it beautiful? 




OK, so we obviously don't actually have a cottage. The cottage bit is our little joke. So many families we know have cottages "up north" or "by a lake". We've never owned a cottage, but for the past ten years, my family has enjoyed the benefits of a timeshare in Cancun, Mexico. Since it's a timeshare, we stay at the same place every year. So, it's our "cottage by the sea". 

We hop on a plane like little Michigan snowbirds every year in the winter. The white sand in front of our hotel never gets hot as it's actually seashell crushed sand. And might I add that yoga in this locale takes yoga to another level?



There is nothing like soothing meditation music, the sound of the sea, a gentle breeze blowing over you and your feet gently sinking into the cool sand while you move through the yoga positions to relax a stressed soul!

Over the years, we've gotten to know the workers and nearby restaurant owners, so, we feel like it's our little home away from home.

Here is THEE BEST guacamole in the entire world. If I could ship this guacamole to Michigan, I would. 



This picture of my favorite dish was taken at a family owned restaurant on La Isla de las Mujeres near Cancun called Rene and Rene's (wife and husband team). The restaurant is about the size of a small home kitchen. The food is delicious and the owners (who are also your only servers) are warm and friendly.

For years, I've thought how romantic it would be to take strolls on the Cancun sand with someone special. And now for the first time, I get to share this experience with the MOST special person in my life--my husband.



Can't wait to get away and relax in the sun and warmth with my husband! 


Happy Friday, friends!


Cheers,
Samara

3 comments:

  1. Your husband is a lucky guy -- who's that nerd with you on those steps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Ladies and gentlemen,my husband--"Mr. Anonymous"! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a lucky lady!!

    ReplyDelete