Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July, friends! I can't believe how different this 4th of July is from last year. Last year was hot like I'd never felt--over 100 degrees--in Michigan and we didn't even want to go outside. This year, we're barely breaking 70 degrees.

Hot or cold, 4th of July always means good food, sparklers, fireworks, a day of lazing around and doing exactly what you want to do, and.... lots of red, white and blue! 

Every year, my family gets together at my Aunt Margaret's house to eat delicious food, play games and watch the city fireworks from the comfort of my aunt's backyard. (She has an AWESOME, unobstructed view of the city fireworks, and..NO TRAFFIC afterwards!) 

Picture taken from my aunt's yard last year
While shopping for some office items at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago, I happened upon a few adorable 4th of July items that I couldn't resist! 


These look like little sparklers on a stick.


There is always a purpose for fun straws.


Patriotic stars for hanging!




I also found these decorative items and scattered them around candles in our livingroom. (You can see from the very melted candles that we've been enjoying the ambience of this little set-up!) 


At night, in person, having the candles lit and hearing the gentle crackling and popping of the fireworks in the back makes our little patriotic scene look very nautical. I just love it! 


And of course, I hung the stars from--where else--our tree!!




I hope you all have a beautiful 4th of July holiday filled with sparklers, delicious eats, enjoyable company and lots of relaxation. 


Cheers,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment