Saturday, August 3, 2013

Chopped Chicken Salad

The weather has  been especially pleasant lately. Sunny, breezy, a touch cool. Weather like this reminds me of eating outside on a patio or deck or setting up a picnic somewhere.


I've had this delicious looking salad recipe that I've been hanging onto for a couple summers now and until only recently, have actually tried it. Oh my, is it good. It has a delicious bite to it and would be perfect with one of your favorite summer, white wines.

Enjoy!

Chopped Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

6 cups shredded iceberg lettuce, chopped*
1/2 lb purchased fried chicken tenders, roughly chopped
1/2 cup chopped grape tomatoes
1/2 cup copped matchstick carrots
1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 tb Dijon mustard

*The recipe calls for 6 cups of the lettuce, but I found a little more might balance the dressing out a bit more. I'm going to slowly add cups until I find the perfect amount. For your first time, I'd try 6 cups.

Again, I cheated with the chopped chicken and bought it already made at the store. I'm a working woman. No shame in my (chicken cooking cheating) game. :)


 

Toasting the walnuts created a delicious aroma.


 OK, let's get to the directions of how to put this puppy together.

1. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, carrots, walnuts and cheese.


2. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and mustard. (I'm an artsy dork. I just love the color contrast here.


3. Slowly add olive oil, whisking to combine. 

4. Add salt and pepper, whisking to combine. 



5. Pour into jar with a tight-fitting lid.

6. Refrigerate. (Umm, the easiest recipe step ever?!? )


7. Shake to combine before drizzling over salad.


 Happy Weekend, friends!

Cheers,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment