Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Summer Holidays

Although I got started a little late with my holiday decorating (thank you, grad school), I did manage to get a few festive items up around the house last weekend for the upcoming holiday.

I never really did much of anything in the way of décor for the 4th of July until I went to a craft store one summer recently and found some adorable items that I couldn't resist.  Now, I decorate our home during the summer months, which is a nice addition to the holidays-to-decorate-for list and makes me really appreciate the summer holidays, too, for something other than just nice weather. (Although that is good all on its own.) Here's a peek at what I've managed to get done!

The stars are up on our dining room table tree. (A Christmas decoration item that has become a permanent fixture on our dining room table.)






I imagine my repertoire of summer patriotic decorations will grow over the years, but for now, the intent is to keep it simple. 

I find holiday-themed towels are a fun and inexpensive way to dress up a kitchen.


And of course, my favorite part of the decorations--the patriotic décor balls sitting near tealights in a hurricane vase. 

I love this area because it feels nautical and summery. 



My mom always made holidays special for us and I want to continue that tradition with a little one in the house now. My mom never did anything over-the-top, but always had very thoughtful, special items during holidays that we helped her place. 

Are you ready for the 4th of July festivities? What fun things do you have planned?

Cheers,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment