Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Autumn is Officially Here

Happy Tuesday and WELCOME TO FALL
One of my favorite seasons--the other is spring--is officially here. 

With the air turning crisp just a teensy early here in Michigan, I celebrated the arrival of fall just a little early over the weekend with delicious apple cider and rum, infused with mulling spices I picked up from World Market. 


The great thing about Michigan, and having four seasons, is once you are feeling bored with one season, Mother Nature brings on the next show. And fall in Michigan is an absolutely beaaauuutiful show.

I love when the air begins to turn slightly crisp and you can leave the doors open for a cool cross breeze.  I adore the moment the leaves dry just a little and the wind shakes them about and makes the most peaceful nature's music. Don't even get me started on the utter gorgeousness of the leaves when they begin changing colors. Oof. 

I have not been able to enjoy fall the way I'd like to for the past couple of years due to being unnaturally busy. Although I am still working on wrapping my degree up, I am determined to partake in all that is wonderful about fall, including recipes, cocktails, long walks in the evening, pumpkins, candles and more! I have a checklist of things I'd like to enjoy/do this fall and I can check the following off that list:

1. Make Pumpkin Dip

 Well worth the wait!


2. Cook with squash. 

Oh my. I pinned a delicious butternut squash recipe with brown rice, chicken broth and parmesan cheese. Low-fat and absolutely scrumptious. 


3. Drink wine infused with mulling spices

Who knew Witch's Brew was more than just wine packaged in a cute bottle?


I actually followed the suggestion on the back of the bottle by lighting up my "cauldron" and heating the wine. 

It was absolutely delicious, but I remain unsure what the temperature of a witch's tongue might be...I took my best guess at it. 


This is just the beginning and I will share more completed items as the season progresses.

What is on your fall fun list?

Cheers,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment