Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hello, darlings.....

I adore New Year’s resolutions. Even if most of them fall by the wayside by mid-February, it’s a time for a fresh start. For the last couple of years, I’ve searched for creative outlets. My to-do list grew as my time shrunk. I ran my mom’s campaign for city council while planning my wedding. After the wedding came the beginning of grad school and I watched yet another year go by with zero creative outlets. I made a vow to myself that this was the year I’d take action. As a result, I present to you--Samara Evangeline. 

Hello, I’m Samara. Evangeline is my middle name. (Pretty cool, huh? Thanks, Mom!) 
I graduated from an all-girls' boarding school in the rolling hills of southern Indiana. 
My old roommate described our school as the “Facts of Life” with nuns. Boarding school was totally my idea. Imagine my mother’s surprise when the nuns called to congratulate her on her daughter getting into boarding school. She didn’t even know I’d applied. 

I later graduated from Michigan State University and finally, many years later, am now working on my masters at Central Michigan University. I work as an analyst at a benefits administration company in Michigan. I’m recently married and we honeymooned in Italy. I have the most intelligent, handsome, thoughtful, wonderful and caring human being as a husband. I am blessed beyond words. 
Once upon a time I was an artist with a local record label. I love rainy days and delicious cups of coffee. Give me candlelight, a glass of wine and a great friend to talk to. I love dogs, but I prefer cats for their mystery. I am deeply interested in politics, but my husband thinks we could save money if we could customize our cable plan to include the Bravo channel only. My senses are delighted when I walk into Pier 1, World Market and the Pottery Barn. I love fashion and interior décor—really, anything artsy. I am trying to live life in as full of a manner as I possibly can. I love my family fiercely. 

 I have three nieces that are the most adorable creatures on the planet—Ava, Audrey and Amelia. 

Samara Evangeline is my little attempt to share with you all the beautiful, interesting little things that make up what I call life. Maybe you’ll come visit me here. 

Cheers, 

Samara

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! It's so cool you have your blog started.
    Have fun with it!
    -K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm very excited for this new endeavor. Thanks for tuning in! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I do hope you continue to visit me here. :)

      Delete