Friday, February 1, 2013

Cheers to Friday

So darlings, we made it. It's FRIDAY. And that is a reason to celebrate!! 

A few years ago, a friend of mine bought this handmade wine glass for me from Lolita for my birthday.

I had been drooling over the wine glass line in the Hallmark store for some time, but had never picked one up. (One of those things we love, but never pick up for ourselves. Why?!?) 

The glasses come in these fun little tubes with previews of all the other glasses you can purchase:


If an occasion exists, Lolita has a hand painted glass to commemorate it! 
 
The top of the tube shows you what the glass inside looks like and gives you the name of the glass. (So you don't pick up the wrong occasion glass!)


Over the years, I started putting "Lolita wine glass-any!" on my birthday and Christmas lists. The glasses are just so special and fun. 
Every glass contains a cocktail recipe on the bottom:


I admit, until recently, I'd never made one of the recipes. This past weekend, I decided to make my first Lolita cocktail recipe--Shopaholic Too. 

Here are the ingredients (listed above, too): 
 

The only thing that I had to even remotely search for was the Chambord, which is a sweet, raspberry French liqueur. (A delicious sipping liqueur too, by the way. We tried it--yum!!) 

Here was the end result. Isn't she pretty? :) 
 
 

The amount of champagne you add can be as little or as much as you like, depending on your personal taste. I put enough champagne in it to fill it just past the halfway mark. 
 
The drink had a bubbly, Frenchy taste. (You're probably thinking, "Oh sure, I know just what that tastes like.")
 
The drink was so delicious, I made a couple more to share with others.
 

See the Lolita glass on the right in the picture above? My sweet grandma is behind the purchase of that glass. She was unaware that the phrase "Love my Wine" on the top of every Lolita wine glass tube was just a marketing phrase. She missed the "New Mommy" glass label. 

Appropriately (and hilariously) for new mothers, here is the recipe on that glass:
 

No fuss and muss for the new mothers, just happy to get straight to the wine!
 
My family and I laughed so hard (including my grandma) at the oversight of the wine glass label by my grandma because I have no children.

In her defense, she stated, "Well, it said, 'Where's my bottle!'"Yeah, they were making a joke about the baby bottle...wine bottle....yeah. :) 

 
I hope you got as good of a laugh out of that one as my entire family did. Raise your wine glass (or bottle, lol) and toast to making it to Friday!

Cheers,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment