Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Décor

Happy Easter Weekend, everyone! Here in Michigan, we have been greeted with buckets of sunshine and increasingly (finally!) warmer temperatures (50's--yeah!) for our Easter weekend. The weatherman is predicting rain for Easter day, but shhhh, we won't speak such ugly things! :)

It's also no secret that between work, grad school and the bajillion extracurriculars I have going on, I've been extremely short on time lately. And, thanks to St. Patrick's Day and Easter falling so close together on the calendar this year, I was left with nearly no time to decorate for Easter. Sorry, I just can't decorate for a holiday if it means plowing over another holiday (St. Patrick's Day). Especially since my Grandmother is 100% Irish! 

I went straight to my favorite shops to peruse this year's Easter decorations. Surprisingly, I didn't find things I liked at Pier 1. I love Pier 1, but every once in awhile, they "go left" with their decorations and they end up being a little too quirky for my taste.   (I still love you, Pier 1!)

This year, I found the most adorable items at Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma.


Every once in awhile, I get "cutesy" things because, well, I can't resist. I wonder who will be the recipient of this adorable little guy perched atop a wine bottle? Hmm....


I loved the contrast of the twine (rough,rustic) with the elegance and glam of these sparkly Easter eggs.





 I liked the contrast so much that I mimicked it with these mercury easter eggs by stringing them with twine I had at home.


I hung all the eggs from our dining room table tree. (Love that tree! One of my smartest purchases!)


Here's our wreath! I bought this wreath from Pier 1 last Easter. I love it because after Easter, you can keep it up throughout spring.





Again, here is another adorable and "cutesy" purchase. 


 I picked up some beautiful, long lasting flowers from our local grocerer...


And placed them inside a vase that I placed inside an Easter basket. This Easter basket has zero calorie content! ;-)


Next to the dining room table tree, I placed a box of these delicious Parisian easter-colored, candy-coated almonds. DELICIOUS!


And of course, no Easter would be right or complete without these delicious, addictive Cadbury eggs. I placed these near the Easter basket of flowers.


I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!!

Cheers,
Samara

2 comments:

  1. LOVE all your Easter decor! Where did you find that bunny wine topper? I seriously looked everywhere for one, but couldn't find any :( Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara! :) I found the wine topper at Pottery Barn!!

      Thank you and WELCOME! :)

      Cheers,
      Samara

      Delete