Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Night Food Fiesta

Raise your wine glasses, friends--we have made it to Friday! Today I thought I'd share a delicious and low-fat recipe I recently made for my husband and me. It is seriously one of the easiest, quickest, most delicious recipes I've made in a good long while. (Just what you need for Friday night, after a long week of work when you probably have little-to-no energy!) And while it may still be very cold and snowy here in Michigan, spring is technically here. This recipe will help you dream of the beautiful upcoming spring and summer. Pair this dish with your favorite sangria and enjoy!!

Southwestern Fried Rice Chicken 
(Obtained from Weight Watchers' "Four Ingredient 10 Minute Recipes" magazine.)


Ingredients:
Cooking spray
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups pulled cooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts*
1/2 teaspoon salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning
2 (8.5) packages Southwest-style precooked whole-grain rice medley
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)

*I totally cheated with the cooked chicken. I picked up a cooked rotisserie chicken from my local grocer, took the skin off and used the chicken. HUGE time saver!!

Directions:
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
2. Add garlic, sauté 30 seconds. 
3. Stir in chicken and seasoning. Sauté 1 minute. 
4. Add rice and 1/4 cup water;cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. 
5. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.

Yields 4 servings (serving size, 1 cup). 7 Weight Watchers points per serving!

Ready to cook?
Ingredients are ready!



Have a fabulous Friday!
  



Cheers,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment