Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Loving Lemons Lately

After a rather unpleasant day a few weeks ago, my wonderful husband surprised me with a dozen beautiful cream roses, chocolates and this particular poignant, spot-on card to lift my spirits.


Although the card speaks to not accepting the cliche "turn lemons into lemonade", the handwritten note in the card states "And as you've told me, there are many, many uses for lemons." This line was meant to make me laugh because he was right!

Shortly before this yucky day, I remarked to him about how many uses I'd had for lemons lately. (Maybe I'm psychic!)

Lemons as a major player in a wonderful facial scrub


Lemon Gum

Delicious lemon flavored gum that I recently discovered by complete accident. If you like lemon squares (dessert), you will LOVE this. Promise! 



Perrier water with lemon wedges

There is something SO refreshing about carbonated water with the zip of lemon to please your tastebuds. And of course, everything is fancier when sipped from a wine glass!


Green tea with lemon (and honey)

Not that this is a new thing for me, but rather a rediscovered drink. It tastes so delicious and is good for you!


Tilapia fish with lemon seasoning paired with couscous
(Picture from my Instagram account--samaraevangeline)



Tilapia Recipe
Ingredients:

1.Tilapia
2. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3. Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Seasoning (pictured below)
4. Near East Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil Couscous (pictured below)
5. Lemon slices to garnish




Directions:
(Tilapia)

1.Brush tilapia with extra virgin olive oil on both sides
2. Shake Lemon Pepper seasoning on both sides of tilapia to desired taste (you will adjust this after cooking the first time to suit your personal taste)
3. Fry in pan over medium heat until inside is cooked/white 

Directions for the couscous are on the box and are SUPER easy! (Involves a little water, olive oil, heat and dumping the contents of the box into the pan!) 

Dinner takes about seven to ten minutes from start to finish. 

Pair dinner with a Guinness (tastes DELICIOUS with the fish and is only ONE Weight Watcher point!)

The entire meal is roughly 11 Weight Watchers points and will fill you up!


Lemons and Light

And when all else fails, you can place lemon slices in a container with the beautiful flicker of a candle like my sister-in-law did for my niece's 1st birthday party (It was a "yellow" theme!)


Oh, I almost forgot one last idea for lemons! You can cut up a lemon into little slices/chunks, throw them in your kitchen drainer and throw the disposal on for about ten seconds or so to grind the chunks up. Your drainer will smell BEAUTIFUL!

Cheers,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment