Friday, March 8, 2013

Luna de Miel baskets (AKA Honeymoon Baskets)

When I realized a few of the couples going on our trip to Cancun had never been on a honeymoon, I used this as the perfect excuse to do a little shopping and make some mini honeymooon baskets! ("Luna de Miel" is "Honeymoon" in Spanish!)

For those of you who have never heard of these, it's a basket of goodies for the couple to take on their honeymoon and can consist of anything you can think of that would be useful and/or fun for the couple to have while on their honeymoon. There are no limits!

Two of the three honeymoon baskets I made


 Italy Honeymooners
I'd seen the idea over the last year on a couple of other blogs I love and on Pinterest as well. I made a first attempt at these baskets when some of our friends went on their honeymoon to Italy last summer. I included all sorts of fun things I'd seen others include along with some of my own ideas. I incorporated as many Italian-themed things as I could. The couple was so appreciative and absolutely loved it. (Definitely made the time spent creating it worth it a million times over!)

Cancun  Honeymooners
Since there were THREE baskets total for this round of honeymooners, I decided to make them smaller to cut down on time and cost.

As I've said before, I'm a creative person, but not very crafty. So, these projects allow me the opportunity to practice making things like hanging flag signs!

I wanted to use as many bright, primary colors as I could find for the signs because when I think of the warm locale and the Mexican flag (red, white and green), this is what I think of! I also found red baskets that helped the colors of the flag really POP!

 Some of the supplies
 

No flight or beach vacation would be right without gossip mags!

Included in the basket:
Sunscreen
Hand sanitizer
Gossip magazines
Plane snacks
Pepto Bismol
Ibuprofen
Dramamine (Great for all those boating activities!)
Mini photo album to put pictures in afterwards
Burt's Bees lip balm
Custom water tumblers
Mini champagne bottles (not pictured here)
Hot sauce (Just for fun, was made in Mexico, and all of the guys loved hot sauce on pretty much everything!)




I ordered the water tumblers from Etsy--monograms for the ladies, first names for the guys. Each couple had matching colors, and the colors were white, red, and blue. (To keep with the bright color theme)
 

The couples loved them and I can't wait to make the next couple a basket!

All this talk of honeymoons makes me remember my own honeymoon fondly, so I thought I'd share a picture from our honeymoon in Italy.


At Trevi Fountain, ROME (Right after we threw money in the fountain!)



Happy Friday, darlings!

Cheers,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment