Saturday, August 24, 2013

My Favorite Little Cards

A handful of years ago while I was perusing the card section at Target, I happened upon an eye-catching, adorable birthday card. I honestly can't remember which of the cards I bought first from this card line, but I'm sure it looked something like this:
Yes, that's right. Papyrus cards. The totally chic, totally artistic, and totally wonderful card line. I can't get enough of them!

I always feel so many store-brand cards are too cookie-cutter/generic looking, but that so many handmade cards are super crafty looking. I tend to like cards that are in between. Unique and artistic enough to be special, almost look handmade, but more sophisticated looking than your usual glue/Cricut cutter/etc. looking card. Sorry, crafters! I'm sure what I just said is sacrilege in the crafting world. 

Papyrus cards have a wonderful, artistic flair and are ALWAYS tré chic! They are a bit pricier than your 99 cent card, but when you want to get a truly special card, I highly recommend them!

[An example of one of their Christmas cards. Note the attached charm with a snowflake and heart.]

Every card and every detail is just so special.

[For the to-be mother who doesn't want to be a mom blob, but remain FAB!]



[Papyrus tapped a well-known illustrator for this glam line of cards.]


Every Papyrus card comes with this little gold sticker that contains a hummingbird. Not only is it beautiful, but so is the meaning of a hummingbird which Papyrus includes with the card:

"Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration.  The hummingbird's delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life's sweetest creation."

How beautiful is that?

My husband recently went on a work trip to Minneapolis and was able to visit the Papyrus store at the Mall of America. I was super jealous, but he did bring me back some lovely thank you cards to add to my greeting card repertoire. 

One day, I will make it to this Mecca:


Don't skimp on that special someone! 


I always feel special when I receive one of these cards and it always comes from an artistic, fabulous friend. (K Élle, I'm talking to YOU!) 

The next time you're out and about, pause for a moment near the Papyrus card section. I'm sure you will find something lovely that extends the greeting you wish to make in the most elegant of ways. 


Cheers,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment