Monday, January 13, 2014

Perfume Pickle

Happy Monday, lovelies. I hope you were able to get out this weekend and enjoy the warmer weather and bit of sunshine as Mother Nature released us a bit from her cold snap! I used this weekend as a chance to get out to the mall and do a little perusing. 

Fifteen years ago, my father gifted me with a bottle of Esteé Lauder "Pleasures" for Christmas. Over the years, I've received so many compliments on the perfume that I never deviated from it, with the exception of its sister scent--Esteé Lauder "Pleasures Delight". 

When I headed to the Esteé Lauder counter this weekend, I was disappointed to learn from the saleswoman that they no longer carried the "Delight" version of my perfume. She also noted that it looked like EL may be looking to discontinue the perfume shortly down the road. Drat.

I thanked her and started looking at other perfume counters. I automatically steered myself to the Chanel counter. Chanel is such a classic brand and I love the story behind the brand. Chanel No 5 was out as an option as one of my aunts wears this scent. (In a family full of women, you know to not copy someone's scent!


Luckily, no salesperson was around at the moment at the Chanel counter, so I was able to pick up a few bottles to smell without the pressure of a sale. I spritzed on Chanel's "Mademoiselle" and must admit, I did not hate it. 


I decided to hold off on any purchase for the time being and look (or smell) around before a purchase. I texted my husband and said they weren't carrying my perfume anymore. And true to his problem-solving-husband-of-all-husbands nature, he texted me back within minutes saying the Lansing Mall had  EL "Pleasures Delight". 

More than likely, I will end up with a bottle of my old friend Delight, but the near-debacle made me think I need to step out and try something new anyway. Just wondering what you ladies wear? Any delicious perfume recommendations? 

Cheers,
Samara 


4 comments:

  1. Drats, well I just typed up a nice long little comment for you and it erased it all! Oh well. It's so frustrating when that happens - almost as frustrating as when they stop making your favorite scent! :-P

    I've been using just pure natural essential oil of lavender as my scent of choice. I like that it's all natural and no chemicals, and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it (especially from men, ooh la la)!

    I hope you find something you like!
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hate that, too. Feels like so much time and thought wasted! :(

      That's the first response I've gotten that is different from the rest (essential oil). I will have to keep that in mind! :)

      Thanks, K!

      Cheers,
      Samara

      Delete
  2. I am a Chanel No 5 devotee. When I started wearing it at about 23 my mother told me that it was "too mature" for me. She was right, and I gave her my little bottle and flirted with other things until I was 28, when I jumped in and haven't looked back. Just a spritz or two, everyday- gives me a bit of glamour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chanel No 5 smells soooo good. If it weren't for that aunt of mine who has claimed it, I would probably be a devotee as well. ;-)

      Cheers to everyday glamour!

      Delete