Friday, August 9, 2013

Summer Sundae Bar

I've said it before and I'll say it again--I am so happy we are not experiencing the scorcher summer of 2012. 


We have had gorgeous, comfortable weather and several days with loads of sunshine. One exception exists and this was a few weeks or so ago when we were in the mid 90s and the heat index was right around 100. Uck. 

Thinking positively though, I took this opportunity to whip up a sundae bar for my three adorable nieces to enjoy. (It was a dual benefit as we were able to enjoy our new deck!) There seriously could not have been a better day for it, either. 

We picked up a couple of boxes of vanilla ice cream and loads of fun toppings for the girls to make their own sundae concoctions.




Knowing that nearly 1, 3 and 5 year olds can be messy, we picked up these fun waffle bowls. (We also stuck the waffle bowls inside paper bowls to be on the safe side.)



Amazingly, some of the sweetest toppings were depleted in record-speed fashion (maraschino cherries, Hershey's Cookies n' Creme pieces, etc.). :) 


No worries, though. My eldest, perfectionist niece Ava promptly alerted me to the missing toppings so I'd replace them.

We discovered the culprit of the quickly-disappearing Hershey's bits! (Who needs ice cream when you can go straight to the really, really good stuff, right?)




As we get closer to the winding down of summer, this is a great event for family or even as a neighborhood get together! My husband and I were thinking it would be fun to host a larger sundae bar event, supply the ice cream and have each person bring a topping of their own. Great way to celebrate the last leg of summer.


Happy Friday, friends!

Cheers,
Samara


No comments:

Post a Comment