Friday, January 24, 2014

Five On Friday

We started participating in this last week, let's keep it rolling! Grab a cup of java and read on. Happy Friday, darlings!



1.    Conair Mirror Upgrade

Am I one of the few left who actually uses a makeup mirror? Well, I love it. What I don't love is my old makeup mirror finally biting the dust. So, I went online and found this beauty with multiple lighting settings and both a regular mirror and magnified mirror (great for eyebrow plucking!) . To top it off, there are little side mirrors so you can check to make sure your eyeliner is "winged" on the sides correctly. ;-) I absolutely love it! 



2.    Lake Street Dive

So apparently this band  has been around for quite some time and I'm just late to the party. This band goes all the way back to their college days at Boston's New England Conservatory. I happened upon them through a Facebook post and am totally obsessed with their cover of "I Want You Back", which you can listen to here. (Just scroll down until you see the video.) Their sound is amazing and the lead singer's voice will surprise you. (A.Ma.Zing.)


I don't have an obsessive/addictive personality except when it comes to music. So naturally, I have worn this cover out by listening to it at home and in my car. 

3.    Baby Feet

 I noticed I have taken quite a few pictures of my son's feet. Perhaps it's because adult feet are not cute. (You can say you have "pretty feet" all you want, but anything made for walking on the ground is not going to be all that cute. You can paint them up, do what you want, but they are still feet!) However, babies have a my-feet-are-still-cute-because-they-are-little-and-precious-and-haven't-walked-the-earth-yet card!


Hospital feet

Tummy Time feet

Breakfast feet :) 



4.    My Cousin Mahin—Another Award Won!

So, my cousin Mahin is pretty amazing. She has been designing purses and accessories for some time now. She participated in Pakistan's Fashion Week, now sits on the Pakistan Fashion Council Board and has won tons of awards. Well, add this to the plethora of awards, loves. She just picked up an Accessory Designer of the Year award. 


In case you've never heard me talk about her or haven't Googled her, here is a sample of her work (all hand-stitched leather, soft, special and beyond amazing):



To check out more of her stuff:



5.    Maternity Photos

So, it's not that we just received our maternity photos for the first time ever since taking them, but we were a little behind in placing our actual order after the previews. (I think wrapping up a school semester, work, holiday prep and preparing to deliver a life had a little bit to do with the delay.) 

I like to keep some pictures private and for just me and my little family, but here are a few I am willing to share. :) (Each picture came with a black n white twin.) :) 






 




 




For the record, we are NOT shaping our hands into a heart here (no offense to anyone that does this, but people who know me personally know I try to stay away from the extra cheeeeese. ;-) ) It was just supposed to be a belly pic and Thomas' hands kind of look like they are formed in the shape of a heart.
  


 Cheers, 
Samara


4 comments:

  1. Great five, your maternity photos are beautiful! And no, you are not the last one to use a makeup mirror, I do too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kristan! :)

      I'm glad I'm not the only one;I couldn't live without a makeup mirror. Have a great weekend!

      Cheers,
      Samara

      Delete
  2. You look awesome and tiny preggers! NIce pics :) Congrats to your cousin too! I love the middle purse.
    Happy Friday!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, K! I suppose I could have waited a wee bit longer to get a bigger bump, but I didn't get huge until the very end and by then, well..I couldn't move! Haha

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Cheers,
    Samara

    ReplyDelete