Friday, April 4, 2014

Five on Friday

The last two days at work have been beyond insane and I seriously cannot believe today is already Friday. I had a random thought yesterday that while I don't like to wish time away, every Friday that passes is another week closer to graduation. I know, kinda sad, eh? I can't help it. School is a bit of a lifesucker when you'd love to have the weekends free for things you WANT to do. Gah. OK, enough of the whining. Today is FRIDAY, so let's kick off the weekend in the right way--the Five on Friday way!


1. Celebrating Aunt Macy's Birthday

My Aunt Macy lives down in Louisville, KY now, but comes home to visit pretty often. Thank goodness because I love her to pieces and don't know what I'd do if she didn't come home on a somewhat regular basis! Her birthday is actually March 2nd, but we had a belated birthday brunch at my Grandma's house when she was in town this past weekend. 


I totally stole this picture from her Facebook page, but hopefully she won't mind. So you know, my Aunt Macy is one of the funniest and kindest--while still sassy--people I know. I'm so grateful that she makes it a priority to come back to Lansing so we can feel like she is still close to the family and not distant from us. Love you, Macy!!

2. I'm a Winner!!

Last week at work, a little contest was initiated via a quiz question. I took a stab at it and apparently I was right. I started Monday of this week out with an email (which went out to the majority of our company) saying I'd won by correctly answering the question. They had 50 responses and I was the only one who won. Seriously? Maybe it's silly for me to be excited, but I never win anything. 

Later that day, a Biggby gift certificate was delivered to me. Cheers to surprise quiz questions at work! 


Lord knows I can use as much caffeine as possible in my life these days.

3. First Stroller Walk

Although I had a list as long as my arm of things to do Wednesday after work, I put them all to the side because the weather was in the 50s again. My husband had the opportunity to take our little guy on his first stroller walk the week before while I was in school, so I was not going to miss the opportunity for a nice time with my little family on this beautiful day, and my first chance to take my little guy out on a stroller walk. We put our little guy in his jacket and hit the streets. OK, we just walked the perimeter of our neighborhood twice and ended it with an impromptu cup of coffee at GG's (Jackson's Great Grandma, who lives a block away), but it sounds more fun to say "hit the streets" because it makes it seem like we are really on the go and adventurous.


Jackson loves being outdoors and looking at the trees and hearing all the different sounds. Shortly after our walk began, he fell asleep. 

4. (More Than) Halfway Mark Recognition

Yesterday I received this in the mail.


How awesome is this gift certificate from Central Michigan University in recognition of meeting the "halfway point in my educational goal"? And to be clear, I am actually PAST the halfway mark now, but who's counting? It's the Week of Gift Certificates. Thank you, freebie gods. 

5. Pedi With Mom

My toes are in desperate need of a pedicure (OK, they are a hot mess!) so my mom and I have a date tomorrow after work to have our digits tended to. Hallelujah. 


Enjoy your weekend, darlings! 

Cheers,
Samara

2 comments:

  1. Love your friday posts, so positive! And those pictures of Jackson are SO precious and it is an adventure to take the little man out on a stroll in your neighborhood to grandma's! Have fun getting your pedi tomorrow, little things like that relieve so much stress and can't imagine how you stay sane with work, school and baby! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! :) With all the holes and crazy bumpy ground the winter weather left, it really IS an adventure to go to Grandma's. We actually ended up getting the pedi tonight. I got the deluxe and it was soooo relaxing!!

      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Samara

      Delete