Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Three Months Old

Our little buddy whizzed by by his three month mark!

Jackson Nazir Morgan

Three months old on 3-18-14



Milestones and Memories

1. First Wine Party


Because of how awful the weather was while I was in the hospital and the Groundhog Day of a winter that my maternity leave landed on, I had some friends who had never even met Jackson. Not once. This is what day after day of snow dumpings, ice storms, and temps regularly at 20 or more below zero will do for a child's intro to the world. 

So, I decided to get those ladies (plus my mom) together on a (still) freezing early March Saturday evening for a glass of wine, hors 'd oeuvres, and a meet and greet with my little gentleman. 




It wasn't until after my friends left that I realized we never took a group photo. Oops. I guess that's what happens when you're having a good time!


And here is the Guest of Honor waiting for the ladies to arrive. I love that he has his pinky up for such a fancy occasion. :)



2. Moving Into Bigger Clothes

Jackson fits into nothing that is 0-3 months (save for a few oddball sleepers that clearly run large), is nearly grown out of three months and is fitting comfortably in six month clothes! This is fine by me because it's an excuse to shop for him and pull out cute items people bought for him for this age range. 



3. Seeing Sophie

While Sophie has taken up residence in our home for the past couple of months, Jackson is just starting to hold onto her and can (albeit, most likely by accident) make her squeak.  He loves it when I make her "kiss him". Sophie is one pricey toy with all sorts of developmental goodies that accompanies her, so I'm happy this guy is starting to respond to her.



4. First Play Date

So, this was more than just a first play date. It was the first time I met--in real life--one of the "December Moms". I was going to explain what a December Mom is here, but I'll save that for a future post. ;-) Jackson had a great time with little Noah and his family. It's really cool (as nerdy as this will sound) to watch your baby and another baby who is nearly the same age at a dinner table, acting out the same developmental stage. They didn't notice each other through lunch, but I wanted to place them close together and see how they reacted. Just as I expected, smiles and coos ensued. It was so fun to witness!





5. First Squeal

Interestingly enough, it had only been a few days since Jackson's first play date. At the play date, his new friend was squealing. I remarked about how cute the squeal was and Noah's mom explained that this was a new thing for him.

On a Sunday during a study break from my schoolwork, my husband and I were showing Jackson his favorite painting from his Art For Baby book. As usual, he was smiling like crazy. 

 

Then I started talking to him and this happened.


This first fistful of mom's hair turned into two fistfuls and before I know it...a loud squeal escaped Jackson. It was totally worth the messed up hairdo! 



6. Getting Strong

He used to hate tummy time, but as his neck and back muscles grow stronger, he is putting his neck up right completely with little to no complaints!



7. First St. Patrick's Day

My dear husband was kind enough to have a little photo shoot of our little man while I was in my first night of a new class for school. He knew I wanted something to remember Jackson's first St. Patrick's Day (especially since he has a TON of Irish blood!) and the photos he snapped were nothing short of amazing. 




Cheers,
Samara

4 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute! He's getting so big, and what an adorable smile he has :)
    - K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samara - I so much enjoy your blog! Pictures are just precious.

    ReplyDelete