Friday, April 18, 2014

Five on Friday

Sneaking in my Five on Friday late this week, thanks to school! 

Today was such a gorgeous Friday, so let's keep the last hour of the day rolling with some Five on Friday goodness!


1. NoseFrida

I remember when I first saw this thing at Target I thought, "Oh my God, that is so disgusting". I (ignorantly) thought using it meant inevitably getting a bit of what you were trying to suck OUT into your mouth. (Eww! Eww! Eww!) As always, though, my Facebook December Mom group came to my rescue. A few of the moms had tried this product and explained to me that there is a filter inside the tube that ensures the person using it will get no "surprises". 

My husband picked one up recently as our little one was suffering a cold and had a completely snotty nose. The NoseFrida has serious sucking power and totally cleared his little nose out. I will never use one of those stupid bulb syringes again!


2. Military "Music"

I don't remember exactly what made me look up military chants in the iTunes Store, but I'm glad I did. When I'm running (I hate cardio) and doing my gut-busting, heart-elevating, oh-my-god-someone-call-the-paramedics gym moves (compliments of my personal trainer), these military running cadences help me out. They are seriously motivational. 



3. Festivities Galore

Although I have a lot of work to do during this long weekend, there are punctuations of fun ahead as well. 

This weekend we are celebrating my sister-in-law Angie's birthday. She is one of the most kind hearted and giving people I know and the love for her family is so inspiring. Tomorrow night we plan on going to Ukai for dinner, followed by a painting (and wine!) session at Painting With a Twist. Sunday we plan on having a family birthday dinner at GG's. 


In addition to celebrating Angie's birthday, we will be celebrating Easter and our little man's FIRST Easter! 

Jackson made this adorable craft at school. See the footprint? :)

We plan on having an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids in the family at GG's. 



4. Midterm COMPLETE

I just completed the midterm exam for the class I'm trudging through right now. While I am very appreciative for the opportunity to advance my education, I am over it at this point. I just want my weekends back and to remove the constant "what's due next" question hanging over my head like a large raincloud.

Three more weeks and I'll be starting my second-to-last semester. Yeehaw.


5. Jackson Is 4 Months Old

Jackson is officially four months old today. Happy 4 monthiversary, little buddy! 

I love this picture because it makes me laugh. No clue why he was bugging his eyes out, but I know he got those big ol' eyes from his mama. 


Cheers,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment