Friday, June 6, 2014

Five on Friday

Fridays lately don't quite have the same thrill they used to. I know what you're thinking, "yeah, welcome to parenthood", but, you're wrong! It actually has nothing to do with my little buddy;he is actually the really GREAT part about the weekend. The lackluster feeling I have on Fridays these days is that it just means I'm headed into my other job--school. (Blah!)

Just the same, I try to minimize my whining and still participate in the "wheeeeee!" feeling that is Friday.

Here is what I'm diggin' this week!



1. Book Club

My amazing December Moms group on Facebook convinced me to join my first (virtual) book club. I didn't think it possible for me to have time to read for pleasure, but it's amazing how you can whittle the time out when it's a book you actually want to read. 

The first book chosen by the group was "Divergent". 


It's an enjoyable, easy-to-read book and I've already reached the halfway point. 

2. Haircut

It was just a trim, but it always feels so good to go in and get pampered at the salon. A couple of inches of dead ends gone makes you feel like a million bucks!!


3. Ladies of London

Darn you, Andy! You have sucked me into yet another series of yours! 
These women are serious forces to be reckoned with, too.  One woman's husband owns one of the hottest nightclubs in the world. You have to be a member or have won an Oscar, Grammy or be a royal. NBD, right? Another cast member was the muse of the late Alexander McQueen. So far, this is good. 


4. Garden Progress

So, this year, I swallowed my pride and decided to do my part in boosting the economy just a little by ordering up the services of a gentleman with Smith Floral here in Lansing.  Since I've lived in my townhouse, I've always taken great pride in doing my own gardening. Last summer, between being tired and pregnant,working quite a bit and being in school, I totally let our garden go. This summer wasn't looking much better, what with contending with a baby, school and still working a lot. I just needed help getting things cleaned up--weeds pulled, old failed stone border attempt cleared out and a trench around the garden built. Done, done and done!

This is a pic of the work in progress. I wish I would have taken a "before" pic so you could see what hideous shape our garden was in. Only then could you really appreciate this picture. The gentleman at Smith Floral has since laid mulch, pulled plants that weren't doing well in the full sun of our front yard and thinned out some of the flowers that were growing wildly (I'm talking to you, Lilies of the Valley). 

5. New York City--BOOKED

A couple of months ago for my husband's birthday, I surprised him with tickets to the first game Arsenal has played in the States in 25 years. The game is in NYC and we are making a long weekend of it. Well, we finally got the details of the hotel and flight nailed down and I am so excited!! I haven't been to NYC since I was a kid and I can't wait to feel the city's energy for the first time as an adult! 


Enjoy the beautiful weather we have in store for Saturday, friends and....
eat, drink and be merry! 

Cheers,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment