Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Jammed St. Paddy's Day Weekend

Between overtime at work on Saturday, Finance homework for school and a work committee project, I managed to squeeze in a little fun this St. Paddy's Day Weekend.

My Aunt Macy was in town visiting from Louisville, Kentucky and nearly all the women in the family decided to do a late celebration of her birthday (which was earlier this month) at, where else? The nail salon!

 So many colors, so little time
 

We sipped champagne


And the salon owner made some of her delicious egg rolls for us to enjoy

 

Here we are! L to R: Me, My mom, Aunt Margaret, Aunt Macy, Grandma and Sister-In-Law Angie


I'm fairly certain my mom wished I'd stop having pictures taken so she could eat her egg roll--ha!


 My final hand product. What do you think, darlings? :)
 
       

Some of us were finished quicker than others, so we headed next door to Chapelure, a coffee and fine pastry shop.

This is just a small sample of the pastries they sell. Sooooo hard to decide, so we purchased an assortment of pastries and took them back to the salon to torture those still getting their nails done. (Muahahaha) OK, we really did share the pastries, but we were able to enjoy the desserts without the awkwardness of balancing our (still going) nail appointment. ;-)



After we'd been waiting for awhile, some of the ladies got restless and decided to have a hand display "fight". The one with the most nails left is the victor!

 

We had a very brief intermission before the Irish birthday dinner started!

My husband and I purchased an iTunes gift card (on the wish list!) for my Aunt and wrapped up the gift we'd picked up for her on our honeymoon last year from The Vatican--a rosary in her favorite color. (Green)

Dinner was delicious and cooked by my (very Irish) Grandmother. Corn beef and cabbage! I'm not really a beer drinker, so a few years ago when my husband and I had just started dating, he suggested this cidery beer--Strongbow--and I've had it on every St. Paddy's Day since! Add a maraschino cherry and you have a non-beer drinker's St. Patty's Day drink perfection!

   


I whipped up a quick and delicious breakfast (American, not Irish, sorry!) for me and my husband on the morning of St. Paddy's and served it on beautifully handmade green plates. (A wedding gift!)




 And, very sadly, this is what I posted to Instagram Sunday afternoon. My ACTUAL St. Paddy's Day festivities--Finance homework. Blah. Note the festive spirit on the homework, though!


  

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Happy St. Paddy's Day from the Morgans!


Cheers,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment