Friday, March 7, 2014

Five on Friday

Welcome to another Friday, friends! The sun is shining brightly in Michigan today and we are slowly inching our way into warmer weather. This gives me hope and has me all amped up for today's Five on Friday. 


Here we gooooo!!!

1. Paying It Forward


This little cutie is Gabriel, the nearly-three-month-old son of a friend of mine. She's a single mom and is unfortunately caught in the double-edged sword of not making enough to make ends meet, but making "too much" to qualify for daycare assistance. She has set up a GoFundMe account in a pride-swallowing effort to raise enough to pay for six months of daycare for her baby boy until she can figure something else out. 

If it's in your heart to donate a few dollars, it'd be a great way to pay it forward. You can donate here. Maybe some kind soul out there will return the favor to you someday when you are in need.


2. New Hair


My hair color of choice has been "natural" for nearly ten years, and in an effort to shake it up a bit more than my normal "bangs, no bangs, bangs, no bangs" routine, I thought I'd get some caramel highlights put in.

The highlights are subtle (but after ten years of not touching your hair in the color department, the color feels "wild" to me and I'm still adjusting), but I'm glad I've shaken things up a bit. I also had a few inches cut off and feel like a million bucks. I feel like a kid after summer break getting ready to head back to school (work). 


3. "Southern Charm" on Bravo


I know. You're shocked. I've been roped into another Bravo series. I'm sorry, but Andy Cohen just has my heart and knows the exact kind of fabulous mindlessness I need to let my brain zone out sometimes. That and some of my favorite bloggers are from down south, so I've been kind of into the southern culture lately. 

This is a fun show. Nothing more, nothing less. You may feel like watching a game of polo and having a splash of whiskey afterwards. Maybe. Just sayin'. 


4. Art for Baby Book


Thanks to this amazing Facebook group I joined back last summer that is comprised of a small group of women--all were due in December of 2013--I've had the opportunity to discover neat things for my son I may have never found otherwise. This is one of them.

This book--"Art for Baby"--is made up of black and white, high-contrast drawings by contemporary artists that helps your baby discover new things. My son absolutely loves it and smiles and laughs at his favorite paintings. Highly, highly recommend it! 


5. Personal Trainer


After posting a Facebook status message a little while back and receiving many recommendations (thank you all!), I've secured the services of a personal trainer who works out of the gym I already attend. She has so many exciting and creative ways to help her clientele maintain healthy lifestyles and I'm looking forward to working with her. We are scheduled to start on March 20th and I couldn't be more excited. (And scared! Haha)

Have a beautiful weekend, everyone!!

Cheers,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment