Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Interior Design Updates

Since I have had the pleasure of being indoors SO MUCH this winter (thanks a lot, Mother Nature!) I have noticed the bajillion mini projects that need attention in our home and the items that needed hanging  and have been sitting for months. 

Last week, our handyman was kind enough to drop by and help us knock a couple of things off of this list. 

ONE--In our dining room, we finally hung the shelves underneath our mirror. 


I always envisioned a row of tea lights illuminating the mirror for a very artsy, contemporary look. I absolutely love how it looks!

TWO--Since before I was married, I wanted my bedroom a shade of green (my favorite color). When I got married and our wedding colors had an earthy shade of green in it, I thought having the room painted green was not only a perfect and calming color for our bedroom, but also a subtle nod to our wedding colors. 

My husband got an AMAZING deal on the picture (now finally hung!) above our bed. The painting is a picture of our wedding rings--hung on the branches of the trees that were on our wedding reception tables--turned into a canvas painting. 


We still have several projects left, but it feels good to get ANY of them done. 

Cheers,
Samara

4 comments:

  1. Love the pic and your duvet, and the mosaic around your mirror!
    -K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, K! Collage.com, West Elm and Pier One. In that order. :)

      Samara

      Delete
  2. Love this!
    - Joe Quick

    ReplyDelete